The basic idea of this project is that the project become a incubator for new itineraries through the city. The initiative, created by the UNESCO Office of the Municipality of Florence, has been realized by LineaComune S.p.a and Centrica S.r.l. thanks to MiBACT funding related to the 20 February 2006, n.77 law: “Special measures of protection and enjoyment ofItalian sites of cultural, landscape and environment, included in the ‘
The project aims to present two images of Florence, both the historical and contemporary ones, trying to combine both the communication and the reaserch need through different kind of itineraries within the Historice Centre of Florence.
Florence Heritage wants to offer to visitors, who usually visit the most famous museums and monuments in Florence, a different perception of the Historic Centre, UNESCO World Heritage site.
Today the website, available in Italian and English, consists of:
– 9 galleries that display more than 400 high-definition images
– 4 categories: the places, the specials, the protagonists, the memory
– 9 itineraries, divided into the 4 categories mentioned above, and supported by artbooks (in Italian and English) which can be downloaded for free
– more than 200 georeferenced points of historical and cultural interest
– “Visions of Florence”, a video of Florence